UAE Presidential Adviser Dr Anwar Gargash has rejected reports alleging that the country is cancelling labour residencies or providing financial facilities to Iran, calling the claims false and part of what he described as targeted media campaigns against the UAE.
Gargash said on Wednesday that misinformation was being circulated at a time when the UAE was focused on responding to regional developments and preparing for the period following the current escalation.
He stressed that claims concerning the cancellation of labour residencies and financial support for Iran were “untrue”. According to the senior official, the UAE’s preferred response to such reports is to focus on concrete action and achievements rather than engage with what he described as media noise.
The remarks come as regional tensions continue to affect relations and economic activity across the region. Earlier on Wednesday, the UAE announced the suspension of all trade and financial transactions with Iran until further notice, citing the ongoing regional escalation and its impact on regional and international peace and security.
The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs also rejected allegations concerning the status of the country’s economic relationship with Iran. The ministry said the latest measures were taken in response to the wider regional situation.
Gargash reiterated that facts and tangible achievements remain more significant than rumours, as the UAE continues to navigate the evolving regional crisis.
Dubai Herald will continue to follow developments surrounding UAE-Iran relations, regional security and their potential economic impact.
SEO Title: UAE Denies Labour Residency Cancellation and Iran Funding Claims
Slug: uae-denies-labour-residency-cancellation-iran-funding-claims
Meta Description:
SEO Tags:




































